A few weeks ago, I spent a day sewing. I was making the Parfait dress from Colette Patterns. Last week, I finished it.
The dress is far from perfect, but I am rediculously happy with how it turned out.
I think I may have sewn one of the back bodice pieces upside down. The small bust adjustment needs some tweaking. The skirt would probably look better fully lined. And you can totally see where I added length. But I wore it to knitting guild on Saturday and felt comfortable in it, and there were even a few compliments!
I am already planning another parfait, maybe even two. Next up I am just going to make a top, to concentrate on getting the fit right. And then a version with contrasting pockets and straps. Ooh and then maybe one in heavier fabric, to wear over a long sleeve tee and tights and boots. And then it will probably be time to attempt another pattern!